Dentistry offers us today a brand new treatment option regarding the restoration of lost dental elements, while attaining the most natural aspect. This treatment option is represented by the dental implant. A dental implant is a titanium screw inserted into the alveolar bone, which replaces the root of the replaced tooth.
Due to the implant’s special outer surface, bone cells create a bond with the implant, a phenomenon known as osteointegration. That way, the implant becomes the foundation of the future prothesis. At the moment, it is unanimously accepted that the dental implant is the best treatment option in tooth loss. In other words, where it is clinically possible, the dental implant will be preferred over traditional restoration methods. According to statistics that offer valuable information, prothesis made on dental implants present a higher survival rate than restorations made using natural surrounding teeth.
Advantages of dental implants:
- Surrounding teeth do not have to be mended with;
- Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth. Moreover, the patient will be able to eat their favorite foods without any discomfort or pain;
- The patient will forget about dental problems, thus enhancing their self-esteem, causing them to smile more;
- Chewing will be done without any problems, compared to when damaged teeth could not provide this function;
- Dental implants cannot get cavities – but the patients need to pay a rigorous attention to their oral hygiene. Caution ! Dental implants require periodic prophylactic visits to the dentist’s office !
• The materials from which the dental implants are made present a high compatibility in rapport with surrounding tissues, which completely eliminates the risk of allergy or rejection;
• The initial aesthetic can be perfectly redone or improved;
• The implants are long-lasting – with proper care, they can last throughout the whole life. The patient will enjoy a good restored speech function;
• Becoming a part of the patient, the implants eliminate the discomfort of mobile prosthesis;